Park

PDF Stampa E-mail

The Royal Park is an integral part of the project submitted by the architect Luigi Vanvitelli to the sovereigns, is inspired by the gardens of the great European residences of the time, combining the tradition of the Italian Renaissance garden with solutions introduced by André Le Nôtre at Versailles.The works, with the delimitation of the area and the planting of the first plants, started in 1753, the same time as those for the construction of the Carolino aqueduct, whose waters, from the slopes of Mount Taburno would feed the fountains of the royal gardens.
The formal garden, as we see today, it is only part of the realization of what Luigi Vanvitelli had planned: at his death, in fact, in 1773, the aqueduct was finished but no one fountain had yet been made​​.The works were completed by his son Carlo (1740-1821), who, while simplifying the design of his father, was faithful implementer, retaining the compositional rhythm of the alternation of fountains, water bodies, meadows and waterfalls.
For those who leave the palace gardens appear divided into two parts: the first is composed of vast parterre, separated by a central avenue that leads to the  Margherita's Fountain, bordered by groves of oak and hornbeam, symmetrically disposed to form a “theatrical” green semicircular scene.

 

Old Wood

 

The "Waterway"

 

park

L. Vanvitelli. Plan of the park by the Declaration of drawings. Naples 1756.

 
free pokerfree poker

Shuttle da Napoli

Social

facebook   twitter         

trip advisor

Leggi le recensioni sulla Reggia di Caserta su TripAdvisor.

Designed by Reggia di Caserta